Thursday, 6 September 2012

Nameless Dwarf news - e-book platforms

My current commitments to the KDP Select program come to an end in October. Once I've finished Bane of the Liche Lord and made editorial changes to the first four books in preparation for including them in The Nameless Dwarf - The Complete Chronicles, I'll be releasing all the Nameless Dwarf books, plus the Shader books, on Apple, Barnes & Noble, Kobo, and Smashwords. There will also be a paperback version of The Nameless Dwarf towards the end of the year.

KDP Select was initially very successful, but with the ever changing Amazon algorithms, the effectiveness of free days has diminished drastically. Whilst these promotions still generate more visibility, it's not enough to justify removing the books from other platforms.

I'm more than 3/4 of the way through the first draft of Bane of the Liche Lord. I've started writing Monday-Friday in the local library as there are fewer distractions. I anticipate this draft being finished by late next week.

I've also started the revisions of The Ant-Man of Malfen -- minor changes to voice and the elimination of a lot of back story. I'll be working my way through the first four books prior to the revisions to Bane of the Liche Lord. All five books will be bundled together as The Complete Chronicles, along with the new map by Jared Blando, Anton Kokarev's stunning cover, and all of the original covers preceding each story. At the rate I'm going, this should be finished by November, if not before.

Once the Chronicles have been completed and launched as a whole, I'll be taking a short break before returning to work on Shader 3 - The Unweaving. My aim is to finish that and book 4 - The Archon's Assassin (which is already mostly written) early next year.





2 comments:

  1. I agree. Only my short story anthology and the Dragon Poem for Charity anthologies will be kept on KDP.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I may put a few shorts up on KDP but the novels and novellas are coming down. I get way too many complaints that some titles aren't available on Nook, Apple, Kobo etc.

    ReplyDelete